Informed citizen participation is at the heart of all that 1000 Friends of Florida does. This is how we work to improve the quality of life for all Floridians:
- Provide educational workshops, timely webinars and informative and award-winning manuals and handbooks to share how citizens can be effective community stewards.
- Advocate in the halls of the Legislature against sprawl-inducing legislation and promote public policy to support sustainable communities.
- Fight in the courts to uphold key growth management principles and maintain the rights of citizens to participate in their community’s planning process.
- Lead efforts to fund the acquisition of environmentally sensitive lands and promote affordable workforce housing.
- Work with the media to generate enlightened coverage around the state.
- Highlight innovation through the annual Better Community Awards.
- Share timely information on Facebook, Twitter, through email alerts and in the newsletter, Foresight.
Please join with us at 1000 Friends! Together we can build a better future for Florida.